Microban International, a leading global manufacturer of innovative antibacterial technologies, has partnered with Coatings Tech Limited, a major producer of coatings for metallic surfaces, to develop COTECH Bio Safe™, an anti-fingerprint, easy-to-clean and hard-wearing coating that keeps metallic surfaces looking pristine throughout their lifetime.
COTECH Bio Safe incorporates built-in Microban silver technology that continually inhibits the surface growth of bacteria by disrupting the vital life processes and biological functions that enable growth and reproduction, causing them to die. This innovative technology, combined with Coatings Tech’s specialist knowledge and industry experience, has resulted in a novel coating that keeps surfaces hygienically cleaner and fresher in between cleaning. Premature product replacement due to tarnishing and wear is reduced – along with the need to polish notoriously hard-to-clean surfaces – saving time and reducing costs while helping to optimise material protection, sustainability and performance for years of low maintenance. In addition to metallic surfaces, COTECH Bio Safe is also suitable for use on glass-reinforced plastic (GRP), and powder coated and plastic surfaces, making it ideal for the transportation sector, including the superyacht market.
Key benefits of COTECH Bio Safe include:
- Resistant to bacterial growth by up to 99.9 %, thanks to built-in antibacterial technology powered by Microban
- Makes surfaces easier to clean – and keeps them hygienically cleaner between cleans
- Complements existing cleaning and disinfection practices
- Helps to minimise the risk of bacterial cross-contamination from surface to surface
- Contains a globally-registered antibacterial technology with a long history of safe use
- Perfect for use on surfaces in hygiene-critical environments
- Measures as H9 for hardness, making it more durable than granite and resistant to scuffing
- Protects surfaces from UV-degradation and discolouration
Darrell Taylor, EMEA Key Account Manager at Microban, said: “We are proud to partner with Coatings Tech to develop this novel protective coating for metallic surfaces. The inclusion of Microban technology in COTECH Bio Safe will enable Coatings Tech to provide antibacterial protection for a wide range of metal surfaces used in transportation, commercial spaces and a range of hygiene-critical environments.”
About Microban International
Part of Barr Brands International (BBI), Microban International is a global specialist in antimicrobial, odour control, smart surface and disinfection technologies. Their proactive systems keep products cleaner and control odours better by preventing problems before they start. Microban drives innovation by combining science and creative solutions that enhance high quality consumer, textile, industrial and medical products around the world. Today the Microban brand and technologies are featured on thousands of products worldwide. The company is headquartered in North Carolina with operations in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For more information, please visit www.microban.com.