New facility to combine global product development and testing operations
Phasor, the leading developer of enterprise-grade, electronically steered antenna systems for wideband mobile broadband communications, today announced the opening of its new Technology Development Center in London and key appointments to the company’s senior leadership team.
Phasor’s new, world-class research and development facility will host all of the phased-array antenna innovator’s design, development and testing of current and next-generation connectivity solutions tailored to commercial mobility markets, including high-speed broadband for maritime, aviation, and land-based vehicles.
New senior executive appointees will lead critical areas of Phasor’s global operation, ranging from finance and technology to operations and business development and will manage a growing team of technology and engineering professionals. “The launch of our Technology Development Center in London and the appointments to our senior leadership team marks an important milestone for Phasor, as we approach commercial readiness”, said Dave Helfgott, Phasor CEO. “Since its inception in 2014, Phasor has quickly made the transition from the early R&D stages to mature product development and it is now poised to enable a whole new generation of mobile broadband communications.”
“This senior team brings years of rich experience to the markets we serve, and the new facility will enable an advanced level of integrated design and development, testing, certification and product release,” Helfgott noted. “We are all very excited to meet the growing opportunity that the enterprise wideband mobility market brings, with the right team and the right resources.”
Phasor senior leadership team appointees include:
• Kevin Walsh, Chief Financial Officer – Kevin has significant experience in accountancy, banking and financial management, having worked at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, BNP Paribas, and at Cobham as Finance Director for two business units. Kevin is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales and holds an MA from the University of Cambridge.
• John-Paul Szczepanik, Chief Technology Officer – JP is a highly experienced, multidisciplinary engineer who has worked at a number of innovative technology companies including The Technology Partnership & QinetiQ, and founded On-Sun Systems, where he held the role of CTO. JP holds a MEng in Instrumentation & Control Engineering from the University of Cambridge.
• Phil Schryber, Head of R&D – Phil is a very experienced RF ASIC and Systems Design engineer who has been integral to the core development and expanded feature set of the Phasor system. Before joining Phasor, Phil held key engineering positions with MBDA, EADS Astrium, Radiant Networks, and Matra Marconi Space. Phil holds a MEng, Electrical & Electronic Engineering from Imperial College London.
• David Garrood, Senior Vice President of Business Development – David has managed multi-million-dollar satellite technology programs and brings a strong satellite communications industry perspective to defining requirements for Phasor products. He was previously co-founder of Advent Communications and Fatpipe, and held senior roles at GEC/Marconi. David holds a BSc. Hons. Degree from the University of Bath in Electronic Engineering.
• Tim Esparon, Senior Vice President of Operations – Tim has extensive experience running semiconductor and electronics manufacturing operations and is central to the management of outsourced manufacturing, supply chain and several technical supplier relationships. Previously, Tim managed operations at 3D Labs and Hughes Microelectronics.
For further information, and to view our informational videos, please visit Phasor.
Want to hear more from Superyacht Technology News? Subscribe to our magazine free!